Providing clear examples of the use of state-of-the-art computer programs for analyses of bioassay data, Bioassays with Arthropods, Second Edition explains the statistical basis and analysis for each kind of quantal response bioassay. The first edition was a must-have reference for designing, conducting, and interpreting bioassays: this completely revised and updated second edition is positioned to be the same.
New in the Second Edition:
· Includes new chapters on Natural Variation, Quarantine Statistics, Statistical Analysis of Data from Bioassays with Microbial Insecticides, and Pesticide Resistance
· Emphasizes estimation of natural variation in response as the necessary precursor for claims of pesticide resistance, varietal differences, and differences in microbial potency
· Expands the coverage of binary Quantal Response: Dose Number, Dose Selection, and Sample Size
· Discusses varietal testing of horticultural exports
· Introduces two Windows-based computer programs (PoloPlus and PoloEncore) for the analyses of binary and multiple response analyses, respectively
Building on the foundation set by the much-cited first edition, the authors clearly delineate applications and ideas that are exceptionally challenging for those not already familiar with their use. They lead you through the methods with such ease and organization, that you suddenly find yourself readily able to apply concepts that you never thought you would understand.
To order the Polo computer software described in Bioassays with Arthropods, Second Edition, use the order form found at www.leorasoftware.com or contact theLeOra Software Company at .